Join the #1 news team in north central Saskatchewan!
Do you have a passion for news? The ability to create content on multiple platforms? And the drive to keep up with an ever-changing industry? The Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, the dominant online news source in central and northern Saskatchewan, has an exciting opportunity for a full-time general assignment reporter based in Prince Albert, SK. It would be considered an asset if the applicant has previous experience or a keen interest in reporting on Indigenous affairs.
As part of the largest news group in the region, you’ll have a track record of reporting ‘News Now’ content with headlines that stand out in daily news feeds and across multiple platforms. You should also have the ability to include compelling photography and/or video content that can be used to accompany stories or as stand-alone items.
You may be the reporter we’re looking for if:
- You understand the importance of “local” in local news and bring ideas to work every day
- You have a degree, diploma or equivalent experience from a recognized broadcast program
- You have sound knowledge of Canadian Press style
- You can present compelling content from all genres of news (breaking news, features, crime and politics, etc.)
- You’re passionate about news and adept at all platforms, including engagement on the web and social media
- You have a valid drivers license
- You are willing to perform other duties as needed
Please send your resume, references, writing examples, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form by Sept 30, 2018.
*** Our New Applicant Self ID form is available for download at http://www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential.
*** As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.
Director of Information Programming
1316 Central Avenue
Prince Albert, SK S6V 6P5