- Full Time
- $20.95 Hour
- 16 Saratoga Bridges Blvd., Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Behavior Specialist - Residential
40 Hours/Week, 52 Weeks/Year Residential
QUALIFICATIONS: Masters of Science Degree in Psychology and one year of experience working with the developmentally disabled population. Valid NYS driver’s license acceptable to Agency insurance standards.
The Behavior Specialist, MS is responsible for providing psychological services to developmentally disabled individuals who reside in the residential program. Directly responsible to the Director of Residential Services and the Supervising Psychologist with questions regarding Program Policies, Practices, and Procedures.
1. Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary teams.
2. Performs assessments of individuals intellectual, social and emotional functioning utilizing standardized assessment tools.
3. Develops behavior programs for individuals in need, as identified by the interdisciplinary team and assists in their implementation.
4. Attends ISP Reviews for all individuals on formal behavior programs and other reviews and team meetings as requested by the interdisciplinary team.
5. Provides In-Service Training for Direct Care in the implementation of formal behavior plans as well as in other areas as identified by the interdisciplinary team.
6. Observes behaviors and offers hands-on assistance to Direct Care in the area of behavior management.
7. Attends Human Rights Committee and attends the Residential Incident Review Committee.
8. Provides instruction in Strategies in Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP) to staff.
9. Prepares psychiatric consults and attends program participants’ mental health appointments.
10. Ensures all individuals within the Residential Program possess proper informed consent for psychoactive medications and/or intrusive behavior plans.
11. Develops behavior modification plans, written in measurable terms, specifically indicating targeted behavior, alternative strategies and medications including the purpose of the medication and a strategy to eventually reduce its use.
12. Attends all residential clinical meetings and at least one staff meeting per month for each residence.
13. Attends and participates in conferences, workshops, symposiums and Agency in service trainings.
14. Performs all job duties in a safe manner by observing all Agency safety rules, procedures and practices.
15. Performs all other work related duties as directed by the Director of Residential Services.